Meet Dr. Frieda
I’m a bestselling author, award-winning medical writer, and journalist who solves communications problems for my clients one word at a time. I also just happen to be a licensed pharmacist and former chemist with an alphabet soup of letters behind my name (if I actually used them all). But don’t let that mislead you: I am a writer at heart.
I have been writing pretty much as long as I can remember. I won my first writing award in the first grade and published a poem in the fifth grade. You could probably say I consider myself a writer first and a scientist second.
Interestingly enough, I accidentally “fell” into technical writing after college: My first real job out of school was working as a chemist for an aerospace company whose main customer was the United States Navy. In that role, writing typically meant drafting a lab report, drawing up work orders, or tweaking a standard operating procedure. A few years later, my path became clear when I published my first magazine article and some marketing materials while still in pharmacy school: I wanted to write.
Today, I draw from my diverse professional experiences in chemistry, the pharmaceutical industry, and pharmacy practice to produce content in plain language as well as in complex jargon for scientific and medical professionals. I enjoy my work and believe it illustrates my commitment to serving others by crafting meaningful content that engages readers.
My current and past client history includes:
Professional Track Record:
- Former Freelance Senior Vice President and Medical Director at a Global Medical Marketing Firm
- Experienced Contract/Freelance Medical Writer
- Corporate writing and regulatory experience from Procter & Gamble
- Scientific writing as a former analytical chemist in the aerospace industry
- Slide deck and e-learning writing as a pharmacist
- Plain Certificate Workshop Certificate of Completion, University of Houston Downtown (2016 & 2018)
- Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP), 2013-2018
- Doctorate of Pharmacy, University of the Incarnate Word
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, the University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, the University of Texas at Austin
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Consortium on Aging Member, 2014- present, Hot Topics Planning Committee, 2017-2018
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regulatory Sciences’ Section Student/Postdoctoral Outreach Committee Chair, 2010
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regulatory Sciences’ Section Student Representative (2008-2010)
Awards and Achievements:
- Amazon bestselling author in two categories (October and November 2022)
- APEX Award of Excellence 2020- “How Vaccines Are Made,” part of a special report by the International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering
- 2019-2020 Doximity Op-Med Fellow
- John Jay/Langeloth College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York (CUNY) “Rethinking Solitary Confinement” Journalism Fellow 2018
- Association of Health Care Journalist Rural Health Journalism Fellow, 2015 & 2016
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regulatory Sciences’ Section Certificate of Recognition, 2009
- Procter & Gamble 2007 Annual Intern Talent Show- 2nd Place for playing the piano
*** A CV is available upon request.
Let me help you reach your readers with clear, concise content that informs and engages them.
“Frieda Wiley is an outstanding writer/ definitely good at what she does. Frieda developed the slide deck and script for our entire online pharmacology course for advanced nurse practitioner students. Although a challenging subject that covers a lot of material, not only did Frieda quickly identify the most important content to include the slide deck, but she also updated relevant information and supplied us with additional resources to enhance our students’ learning. Our team found Frieda to be professional, reliable, and easy to work with. I highly recommend Frieda and would definitely work with her again.”
— Rita Sedani Pesartic, EdD, Post-Secondary Educator and e-Learning Specialist at West Coast University
“I loved your article in American History, Feb 2017. I wrote a letter to the editor complimenting your article. I think no one in America is aware of the women you featured in your article. I mean, who knew? This info should be shared in some way with every teacher in America — and every family.”
— Subscriber to American History (History Network)
“I’ve worked with Frieda Wiley for the past year, as a writer for the health/advocacy website MedShadow.org. From the start, she ‘got’ the kind of stories we are looking for, and has consistently delivered well-researched, cogently written content, the kind that makes an editor’s work much, much easier. I know I can count on Frieda for great ideas that fit our mission, as well as for her professional, collaborative manner and adherence to deadlines.”
— Denise Schipani, Features Editor, MedShadow.org
“Working with Frieda has been an absolute breeze! Her work ethic, professionalism, and experience are unmatched by any other writer. Frieda is easy to work with and her professional suggestions are always on point. If you are looking for a medical writer and aspire to a seamless experience, I highly recommend Frieda Wiley.”
— Corinne Malanca, United Patients Group
“Not only does Frieda have complex understanding through her academic and professional training, but she is also able to explain medical topics to both patients and the general public in a clear, concise manner, providing our readers with articles that are both interesting and important for their self-care.”
— Cheryl Rosenfeld, Editor, Madavor Media