Frieda Wiley, PharmD, BCGP, RPh
I’m a freelance medical and science writer who solves communications problems for my clients one word at a time. I also happen to be a licensed pharmacist and former chemist with the whole alphabet soup thing behind my name. But don’t let that mislead you.
Having won my first writing award in the first grade, I consider myself a writer first and a scientist second. Although I initially began my career as a chemist who analyzed solutions used to overhaul and repair turbine jet engines, I sought out opportunities to write whenever they presented. After I published my first magazine article and developed some marketing materials while still in pharmacy school, my ideal path became clear: I wanted to write.
Today, I draw from my diverse professional experiences to produce content in plain language as well as in complex jargon for scientific and medical professionals.
My current and past client history includes:
Professional Track Record:
- Contract/Freelance Medical Writer and Business Owner
- Corporate writing experience from Procter & Gamble
- Scientific writing as a former analytical chemist in the aerospace industry
- Slide deck and e-learning writing as a pharmacist
- Plain Certificate Workshop Certificate of Completion, University of Houston Downtown (2016 & 2018)
- Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)
- Doctorate of Pharmacy, University of the Incarnate Word
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, University of Texas at Austin
- American Medical Writers Association National Communications Committee Member
- American Medical Writers Association Southwest Chapter 2018 Conference Chair
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Consortium on Aging Member, 2014- present, Hot Topics Planning Committee, 2017- present
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regulatory Sciences’ Section Student/Postdoctoral Outreach Committee Chair, 2010
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regulatory Sciences’ Section Student Representative (2008-2010)
- John Jay/Langeloth College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York (CUNY) “Rethinking Solitary Confinement” Journalism Fellow 2018
- Association of Health Care Journalist Rural Health Journalism Fellow, 2015 & 2016
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regulatory Sciences’ Section Certificate of Recognition, 2009
- Procter & Gamble 2007 Annual Intern Talent Show- 2nd Place for playing the piano